Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTD and vat on import

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi :)
    I have a problem.
    I have to do the RTD but I have never done this before and I am not sure what vat rate I should apply. I buy stuff from Non EU country for resale. I haven't been charged vat on this goods.
    When I fill in the RTD in the first column I put my sales figure (of goods for resale only?) at the appropriate vat rate i sell the products in Ireland - 21 in my case.
    The second columns it says -when I go to ROS online- 'acquisitions from EU countries' - is this for all goods purchased in EU or the one for resale only? I have bought goods from non eu countries so I leave this column empty?

Then the third column - STOCK FOR RESALE - i put here value of goods for resale purchased from non EU and EU countries? What VAT rate I should apply - I wasn't charged for vat when I bought the goods from non EU so I enter under '0% home'?

The last column - I put everything which I bought but which is not for resale, correct? What vat rate in case of stuff bought from non eu country - zero home?
    I know that when you buy from other EU member you have to apply vat like you bought it in Ireland and the same amount goes to credit input as well. Is it the same with imports or I use the vat rate I paid (or is it always zero for imports to EU?) and I pay vat on goods I sold only?

I will be very thankful if you could help me. Or maybe you cound let me know when I can read about it where it is written clearly and in an understandable way so such person like me can understand it?:)

Aga
    Tagged:

Advertisement