Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carburetor Issues

Options
  • 29-11-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a strimmers that i am having issues with(2 - Stroke). Reason i am posting it here, Is that yeah guys would have experience with small petrol 2 stroke engines.

1. The strimmers i cannot to get Idle, as when it gets to Idle speeds it cuts out.

2. I have removed the Carburetor, Cleaned it and re assembled, However the issues is still there.

3.When i rev the Strimmers up to full revs, It runs as it should, However when i take my finger off the throttle, It slows dow to 50% revs, then it gradually goes down to idle speeds and cuts out.

i have adjusted the throttle, So it is running but not at idle speeds, But 20% throttle.

First of all there is no H or L needle setting on the Carburetor, So there is no adjustment at idle revs.

I have contacted a guy that fixes these, And he was saying that there could be issues with the Piston, As he had seen a few machines that were acting like this,

I would just like another opinion?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i will give this a shot...my experience would be from chainsaws etc as bike motors are more inline with car engines. it might be worth while posting in the diy section too...

does it die or drop revs if you keep the throttle in the same place? so lets say 20-30% throttle.

from my experience there will be 1-2 screws, they adjust the mixture, they will be there its just a matter of finding them, they will more than likely be hidden behind a piece of plastic trim. on my chainsaw its 1 screw which adjusts the mixture, when the thing is idling start to turn the screw until the revs start to go up, then get them to a place where the throttle is at zero and the head is not spinning but the engine is on, this is usually a good place to have the throttle.
    if the revs are dropping with a bit of throttle then it could be that the plug or as you said it could be the piston seal is on the way out...

but that is my best guess from my limited knowledge...

Advertisement