Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Banking

Options
  • 29-11-2011 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anyway of setting up new accounts within my bank account. At the moment I have a Current account, is there anyway of setting up another say a Savings account to which I can transfer money from Current to Savings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

afaik, you have to set it up 'In Branch' first, then you can get it added to the online service.

But I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Just wondering is there anyway of setting up new accounts within my bank account. At the moment I have a Current account, is there anyway of setting up another say a Savings account to which I can transfer money from Current to Savings.

I did this recently, and as far as I remember you can do it all online with minimal fuss. I definitely didnt go into a branch. Dont ask me the details though as I can t remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Yeah I've a couple of savings a/c's set up on the online service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

They have certain savings accounts that you can open online. However you must be 'approved' by AIB to do so - something to do with new laws and evidence that you're resident in the country (CJA approved).

You can tell pretty quickly if you're approved. Login to AIB online and try to open one of the online accounts. If you're not approved, you'll get an error reading "contact your branch".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

It's CJA approved. The CJA (Criminal Justice Act, various years) specifies a number of key information that a bank must have about the customer before they can open an account (to prevent money laundering etc)

OP, just hit the "Apply Online" option on the left hand side and then choose what type of account you want (savings/deposit etc). It couldn't be easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thats the one. CJA. Cheers dotsman.

Advertisement