Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most underrated musical artists

Options
  • 28-11-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a thread for the most overrated so I thought I'd post one that deals with the opposite.

My list:
    Minutemen
    Husker Du
    Bikini Kill
    Love
    13th Floor Elevators
    Flipper
    Dinosaur Jr.

I'd also say that outside of Ireland that Thin Lizzy tend to be very underrated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Jimmy MacCarthy

Robbie Williams

The Fray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've seen a thread for the most overrated so I thought I'd post one that deals with the opposite.

My list:
    Minutemen
    Husker Du
    Bikini Kill
    Love
    13th Floor Elevators
    Flipper
    Dinosaur Jr.

I'd also say that outside of Ireland that Thin Lizzy tend to be very underrated.

Good Choices, but most of those bands (Husker Du, Flipper and Minutemen in particular) are sacred cows to underground rock fans.

If I had my way they would be played at/to school from a young age but aside from that as things are they are highly-rated in the the circles they operated and I don't think they wanted/need any more recognition.

Re Minutemen: "History Lesson Part 2" is such a simple little song but it's contains so much meaning about youth, friendship, adventure and finding-yourself, it's one of their most accessible songs and I think anyone who takes the time to listen would find something in it.
    Suas11 wrote: »

I get the impression they are largely unknown in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

smokedeels wrote: »
    Good Choices, but most of those bands (Husker Du, Flipper and Minutemen in particular) are sacred cows to underground rock fans.

If I had my way they would be played at/to school from a young age but aside from that as things are they are highly-rated in the the circles they operated and I don't think they wanted/need any more recognition.

Re Minutemen: "History Lesson Part 2" is such a simple little song but it's contains so much meaning about youth, friendship, adventure and finding-yourself, it's one of their most accessible songs and I think anyone who takes the time to listen would find something in it.

I get the impression they are largely unknown in America.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I just meant that they're underrated as in that they're not that well known to the general public. Also, I completely agree with what you said about History Lesson Part 2. It's my favourite song of theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Tom Mcrae
    Jason Pierce

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Skulldigger

Good call with Love

Rory Gallagher
    Kula Shaker
    The Cinematic Orchestra
    The Pharcyde
    The Redneck Manifesto
    Mahavishnu Orchestra
    The Budos Band