Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eCigarette on Eastenders

Options
  • 28-11-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I promise that I don't watch that program but I am forced to watch while my other half watches. would be unsociable not to. But I have just seem first eCig on regular TV. Is this some kind of official endorsement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Is that what that was?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

That is product placement working for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Ì just posted that on the other thread, it's good to see them on tv.

I just saw that they had someone use one back in May too and it looked like a different brand back then, maybe it was the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Was there any reference to it, or could you just see it in use by someone??

Johnny depp used one in "The Tourist" aswell....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Gryzor wrote: »

You could just see someone using in it. It was a proper scene though; not just some extra in the background. He got a right load of vapour out of it too seeing as it appeared to be a mini cigarette sized one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

He got a right load of vapour out of it too seeing as it appeared to be a mini cigarette sized one.
    Unlike poor Johnny in that perfume ad passed off as a movie. But in fairness Johnny gave the spiel well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Gryzor wrote: »

There was a reference to it, back in may Dot's housekeeper had one and Dot said she wasn't allowed to smoke and she said that it was a plastic one!

In the episode this week he was sitting in the Cafe using it and someone turned around and looked at him and the guy with the cigarette said something like "first one of the day" or "first smoke of the day" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

It had a green light at the end and produced an impressive amount of vapour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dave_D

I noticed a few weeks ago in Eastenders (outside the Queen Vic I think) someone had a real cigarette which was just finished, and they flicked it out into the road...just like so many smokers do in reality. I bet the BBC got loads of complaints and decided to put in this e-cigarette to keep non smokers happy.

Advertisement