Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faint horizontal line across the bottom of my laptop

Options
  • 28-11-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

For the last couple of days there has been a faint horizontal line across the bottom of my laptop screen during post and stays for a few minutes when laptop starts up.Tonight I realized instead that what was flashing at the bottom of my screen was what I could see at the top1/8 inch of my screen. i.e, I'm seeing a sliver line over my task bar when the laptop boots up

Vista Home Basic,Packard Bell easy note MH36, 1.66GHZ, 1.00 GB, 32bits OS

Can any 1 advise me or point me in the right direction to solve the problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Lynx1234 wrote: »
    For the last couple of days there has been a faint horizontal line across the bottom of my laptop screen during post and stays for a few minutes when laptop starts up.Tonight I realized instead that what was flashing at the bottom of my screen was what I could see at the top1/8 inch of my screen. i.e, I'm seeing a sliver line over my task bar when the laptop boots up

Vista Home Basic,Packard Bell easy note MH36, 1.66GHZ, 1.00 GB, 32bits OS

Can any 1 advise me or point me in the right direction to solve the problem

Loose display cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lynx1234

what cable ??? all that is plugged in is my internet wifi and my mouse

what cable ??? all that is plugged in is my internet wifi and my mouse
    Theres a flat ribbon type cable behind the screen, that could be loose. Someone might correct me on this, but if you connect it to an external monitor and you dont see the line its probably a loose cable.

do you mean the cable behind my screen in my LAPTOP, how can thatget lose mmmmmm, I dont have another monitor to check it

do you mean the cable behind my screen in my LAPTOP, how can thatget lose mmmmmm, I dont have another monitor to check it
    Yeah its behind the screen on your laptop. If you have a HDMI port you could hook it up to a TV. Some one you know must have a HD tv. I dont know how it can come loose, a combination of being josseld around while being carried and the being opened and closed.

• Advertisement

Hijpo

I will try that and come back to you with the results

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Faulty LCD screens also can flash different colours when flexed, I'm not sure if the problem is stuck or dead pixels (likely stuck) but to fix it you need to replace the LCD Screen usually

Nick

Advertisement