Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick charity boxing events?

Options
  • 28-11-2011 4:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

There is 2 of them running round the same time,ive gotten invites on Facebook for both and links etc

Noticed on one of the event posters "We are the offical "Limerick white collar boxing" charity event organisers

Is that a punch(pardon the pun)at the other one or is there a bit of bad blood?

I take it all proceeds are going to charity,got a ticket to support a fighter for the one this Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

As far as I know all money raised by Limerick Charity Boxing (The Corpus Christi one) goes to charity, I'm not sure about the one run by Forever Fit Promotions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Well they are both for charity just thought the offical line was a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

What makes one more 'official' than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

One could have been fan made, whilst the other could have been made my the 'Official facebook page'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

LWCB run by Forever Fit was the first white collar boxing in Limerick so maybe that is where the official line is coming from? Not sure really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bigpink wrote: »
    There is 2 of them running round the same time,ive gotten invites on Facebook for both and links etc

Noticed on one of the event posters "We are the offical "Limerick white collar boxing" charity event organisers

I take it all proceeds are going to charity,got a ticket to support a fighter for the one this Saturday

As mentioned one organised by Corpus Christi donate everything to charity. I believe there are other ones on the go where the donations to charity are FAR less generous.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

One could have been fan made, whilst the other could have been made my the 'Official facebook page'?

What XiledSniper said, but what difference does it make to you? Why do you always start these shítstirring threads? Nobody is forcing you to support either event.

(In before "Attack the post, not the poster" :mad:)

What XiledSniper said, but what difference does it make to you? Why do you always start these shítstirring threads? Nobody is forcing you to support either event.

(In before "Attack the post, not the poster" :mad:)

Alaskimo Cake if you have a bother with me feel free to pm me or just dont read or relpy to my threads

The reason i asked is ive heard some doubts about some charity events in Limerick of late

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Alaskimo Cake if you have a bother with me feel free to pm me or just dont read or relpy to my threads

The reason i asked is ive heard some doubts about some charity events in Limerick of late

Questioning the validity of a something you believe to be less than honest about their charitable donations is fine.

Making groundless assumptions about "bad blood" however is unnecessary and tiresome.

Well considering these are charity events why did one have to put a quote on there poster?To me it sounded like that they wanted to be clearly set apart from the other one,not a great feeling of charity in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Well considering these are charity events why did one have to put a quote on there poster?To me it sounded like that they wanted to be clearly set apart from the other one,not a great feeling of charity in that

The fact that the proceeds go to charity doesn't mean they should not be competitive? Whichever camp has the best promo will attract the most participants and ultimately generate the most funds for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Limk charity boxing does indeed donate all of the the money raised to charity, some good causes like pieta house.

White collar boxing donates a portion of the proceeds

This confusion seems to be around again lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This confusion seems to be around again lol

What's the story this year?

Advertisement