Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about seeling car and insurance claim

Options
  • 28-11-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭

I was considering selling my car in the new year. I was thinking of just using public transport from now on. The insurance on it which expires next August has been paid up front in full. I recently submitted a claim to be settled for 2300 euro for a third party I had an accident with (my fault). I was wondering if I sold my car in January would i have to pay the insurance company back? I already paid a 500 euro excess on the insurance for this accident.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Ring your Insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

No you don't have to pay your claim. Also the excess should only be payable to any claim you made for damage to your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭billyhead

MugMugs wrote: »
    No you don't have to pay your claim. Also the excess should only be payable to any claim you made for damage to your car.

I had to post of a cheque for this for the damege to the other car. I am covered by 3rd party fire and theft which does not cover my car

Advertisement