Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 - ESP light stays on

Options
  • 28-11-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi All,

I recently bought an 2004 Audi A3, sometimes the ESP light comes on whilst driving and does not go off, when i press the ASR OFF button it still does not go off.
    Then other days the light is not on at all..
    I sent it back to the garange 2 weeks ago and of course the day i gave it to them the light was off, however they did a full diagnostic test on it and advised everything was fine.
    Would this be a fault, or should this be coming on? should i send it back up to them again>
    Any help at all is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It is definitely not normal anyway. Has it happened since they looked at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

Thanks George,
    Yep came back on a day or 2 later... maybe i need to send it back up to them so...

If the light is staying on when driving then there should be a fault code logged. Find out what the code is if you can. Is it the new or old shape A3? 2004 could be either although most would be the newer 8P shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

Great ok i will ring them so... yes its the new shape...

The newer shape A3 has a problem with the brake pressure sensor inside the ABS unit failing. The fault code will look something like this:

1 Fault Found:

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)

35-10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

There should be a code stored in either the engine or abs ecu.
    Also this is the asr system so (lucky for you) doesnt have the integral pressure sensor in the abs unit.

Advertisement