Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long do I look for owners before rehoming?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I found a kitten on Friday. She was crying at my door very late at night. She has a collar on and seems to be in good health. sneezing a bit but nothing else.

I have put up signs, called vets and animal rescues around and no sign of an owner yet.

How long should I look for its owner before I can try to rehome her to someone else? I cant keep her in my house too long as I share with others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hmm thats a tough one. Did you get her scanned for a microchip?

A reasonable time frame for me would be 2-3 weeks,just in case the owners are on hols and the kittie escaped while being minded. Have you posted on the various websites http://www.lostandfound.ie/ for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

yup had her scanned and no chip. shes up on lost and found site too. I wouldn't like to give her away and then have the owners calling the next day.
    going to put a notice into all the houses in the estate tomorrow. so hopefully they will turn up.

would probably take 2 to 3 weeks to find a new home for her anyway at the least.

Advertisement