Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due a cervical smear test - do they do this at antenatal appt?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I haven't had a cervical smear for 3 years, and am due a repeat.
    I am also 10 weeks pregnant.
    Just wondering will they do this for me when I attend the Coombe for my antental care appointment?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was due one too when I got pregnant and they left it until 3 months after my son was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

You can't have a smear test when you're pregnant, they'll wait til about 3 months after... you have to register on http://www.cervicalcheck.ie/ for your free test.. all the info is there ;) click on 'check the register' and fill in the form..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi I'm 29 and I have never had a smear... I was at my first visit in the Coombe last week and during the history with the midwife this question pops up, she just advised me to have a smear done three months after the birth.. you couldn't have a smear done at the moment due to the current tenennt in your womb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

I was told you couldn't get a smear until a year after giving birth as it was more likely to show up irregularities - just wondering now has anyone else been told this ore am I overdue? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

theLuggage wrote: »
    I was told you couldn't get a smear until a year after giving birth as it was more likely to show up irregularities - just wondering now has anyone else been told this ore am I overdue? :confused:

http://www.cervicalcheck.ie/information_professionals/frequently_asked_questions_for_health_professionals.559.html#14

all the info is here.. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement