Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nogne (I can't do the O with the slash) Porter

Options
  • 27-11-2011 5:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Im sitting in the salt house and they have started stocking Nogne stuff, it's pretty pricey of course but you'll have that. Looking at the porter here and tempted to try it. I've had a few of their ales and while I liked them u don't know that I'd pay €12 for them in a pub. Is it worth the risk to try the porter? Is it an exceptional beer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I enjoyed the Porter, definitely. I preferred the Imperial Stout though.

It's definitely something I'd refer to drink at home at my own comfort, pace and temperature rather than in a pub though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If ever there was a beer that was just a try at home beer, Nogne is that beer. If only for the reason of saving yourself the embarrassment of trying to pronounce it at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Nuh-ge-neh Uh

Deffo an enjoy at home beer. I get a couple of hours out of a bottle of their IIPA, I reckon if I was in a pub I'd drink it a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nuh-ge-neh Uh

I've been thrown out of pubs for talking like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

The Ø letter actually sounds like the noise you would make if punched in the stomach, maybe that's why you are getting thrown out of bars. That or you are drinking their 9% Imperial Stout like it's a session beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement