Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Kerrang magazines some help required

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This isn't really intended as a free advert rather I'm looking for some feedback,
    I have about 6 years worth of Kerrangs March 1985- May 1991 and want to sell them on to some aficionado of the mag or of rock/metal music of the era.

Should I sell them as a batch or per issue? and where? Placing a "niche" product esp used and old is tricky (they are all in good to excellent condition).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Burn them. Should keep you warm over Christmas. :pac:

You could ask on metal ireland, although most of them are elitist c*nts. Very nichey (in my opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in fairness Kerrang during those years was pretty f**ing cool ...Sepultura were the young guns..Metallica and slayer and megadeth were top of their game..i read kerrang and metal hammer religiously back then...

How much $$$ we talking here op?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Old Kerang good, new Kerrang crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

galwayrush wrote: »
    Old Kerang good, new Kerrang crap.

probably quite a lot to do with the fact that back then, bands featured in Kerrang were good where as now they are mostly crap - or not even 'rock'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone read "molten"? Think it's from the North, not bad. Kinda close to the old mags referred to here. (although the bands were better between 85-91)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I would advise dividing it into years and seeing how many issues you have from each. I would imagine someone in the UK would buy all 56 issues on EBay or something as a job lot - obviously put a reserve on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep that might be the best approach, needless to say there are some holes (when dad stopped my pocket money ;)) but not too many. I also have 40 of the first 45 editions of RAW which was a breakaway from Kerrang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

mike65 wrote: »
    Yep that might be the best approach, needless to say there are some holes (when dad stopped my pocket money ;)) but not too many. I also have 40 of the first 45 editions of RAW which was a breakaway from Kerrang.

Yeah I'd imagine that EBay is your way to go for that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Didn't the first edition, maybe the first 2, of RAW come with a 7" flexi disc, I think the first one was Ozzy, that'd be worth a bit if ya still have it.

Anybody else noticed the trend here?

Kerrang goes crap, OP's Post count goes through the roof :pac::pac:

Arf there was a flexdisk on and no I don't still have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

A few years back I made a killing selling Kerrang mags on ebay. Mind you, these were issues from 2001-2008. Some issues featuring particular bands could fetch around 15-20 an issue.

I made even better money by clipping out articles on particular bands and grouping them together. I got €70 for a set of My Chemical Romance clippings!!

These days though, they don't seem to fetch as much but it might be worth looking at the prices some issues with band x on the cover reach because you could be pleasantly surprised. I certainly was :D.

Cherry how much did postage cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,698 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

collect-a-mag.com might take them off your hands

They only deal with UK addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cherry how much did postage cost you?

Factoring in the cost of an envelope etc, it would cost anywhere from 2-3 for one issue depending on weight. I sold so much at the time that I qualified for the An Post ebay card which was fantastic as it provided a 50% discount on postage. Sadly it's been discontinued since.

Once I had sold the mags that were worth something, I found a seller on ebay who bought about 50-60 issues off me in bulk and it was a handy way to get rid of them.

Just looking through ebay now though and unfortunately the market seems nowhere near as good as it was so selling in bulk to a collector or seller may be your best bet.

in fairness Kerrang during those years was pretty f**ing cool ...Sepultura were the young guns..Metallica and slayer and megadeth were top of their game..i read kerrang and metal hammer religiously back then...

How much $$$ we talking here op?

Check your PMs! :)

edit (you did :) )

bump

For anyone who might be interested

http://www.adverts.ie/1184921

Advertisement