Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo advice

Options
  • 27-11-2011 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I got a tattoo exactly a week ago. It was fine but then I woke up the next day with what looked like a bruise on one side of it which didn't bother me but it's still there, 1 week on, and has not changed in colour or size and I'm worried the ink has bled under the skin... Is this possible and if so is there anything I can do to remove it?? (the "bruise" not the tattoo)

:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i'd need to see a flick, a clear one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WellyW

I have attached 2 pics taken today... Hopefully they are clear enough :S

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

It's on your ear rim. It was never going to hold up amazing well but it looks like blowout which I'd assume is like the kind you'd get on other akward places (palms/inner fingers) so I'd assume it comes with the territory. You should have been warned of all this by whoever did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Yeah, that looks like blowout to be honest. I've had a bit of experience with that and unfortunately it doesn't really go away. It can fade over time, but if you really don't think you can live with it like that, you can go back to the artist and get it touched up. They could probably redo/thicken some of the lines to even it out. Did you get it done at a reputable place? I wasn't happy with how the artist had done mine so I went somewhere else to get it fixed up and they did a great job. Because sometimes it's down to the artist and their 'heavy handed' style. But as another poster above said, getting a tattoo on your ear isn't likely to hold up perfectly either...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Because sometimes it's down to the artist and their 'heavy handed' style.

I'd just like to address this, if the artist is good, then it shouldn't make a difference how light or heavy handed they are. Being 'heavy handed' just means that the ink is put in deeper (which isn't really possible on the ear I'd say!) and light handed means the ink is shallower, and can fade that little bit faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I'd just like to address this, if the artist is good, then it shouldn't make a difference how light or heavy handed they are. Being 'heavy handed' just means that the ink is put in deeper (which isn't really possible on the ear I'd say!) and light handed means the ink is shallower, and can fade that little bit faster.

Well I don't know about ears but my first tattoo on my leg was done by an apprentice and it hurt like absolute hell because he went so deep with it. Some of the lines were blurred as a result and blew out. But over time they actually did fade a bit. It's been 5 years since I got it and looks grand now, never actually got a touch-up on it

Advertisement