Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way of transferring music from my Mac to my N8?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, as the title says, is there any way of transferring music from my Mac to my N8? Anytime I connect the N8 to my Mac all that seems to open is iPhoto, I assume it thinks the N8 is a camera? Has anyone figured a way around this? I know there's the Nokia Link for the N9, I've tried using that but it just doesn't recognise the N8.

Mods, I'm going to post this over on the Mobiles & PDAs forum too as I'm not sure which forum is most apt!

Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

When you plug the N8 into the USB port of the Mac does the phone offer a choice of USB modes ? For example "Media Transfer" "Sync" or similar ?

Most modern Smart Phones at least support the USB Media system. Selected, it will place a new disk on your desktop to which you should be able to copy any form of file over. You will need to have some kind of memory card installed in the phone for this to work - usually MicroSD ?

Also make sure that Finder is set to show disks on the Desktop. From the Finder menu select Preferences and make sure External Disks is checked.

Let us know if any of this works out.

Ken

Advertisement