Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way of transferring music from my Mac to my N8?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, as the title says, is there any way of transferring music from my Mac to my N8? Anytime I connect the N8 to my Mac all that seems to open is iPhoto, I assume it thinks the N8 is a camera? Has anyone figured a way around this? I know there's the Nokia Link for the N9, I've tried using that but it just doesn't recognise the N8.

Mods, I'm going to post this over on the Mac forum too as I'm not sure which forum is most apt!

Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Davy wrote: »

I never know of such a thing! Just did it there, thanks. But when I open it & connect the N8 it's bringing up the following pop-up:

The Nokia device “N8-00” is currently connected in a USB mode not supported by Nokia Multimedia Transfer or iSync.
    You can choose the “PC Suite” or “Nokia” mode on your device to use it with these applications. See your device manual for further details.

But there is no PC Suite mode, only a Nokia Ovi Suite mode but when I select that it thinks that I'm trying to use the phone as a mode & brings up the Network Preferences pane. There isn't a Nokia mode either, but there is a media transfer mode and when I select that it brings up that pop-up msg :(

Any advice for me? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Can you not just put your N8 in Mass Storage mode and mount it as a normal drive? Then you could just drag your music over, and refresh your music library manually on your N8.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Can you not just put your N8 in Mass Storage mode and mount it as a normal drive? Then you could just drag your music over, and refresh your music library manually on your N8.

I tried that but the N8 just doesn't appear on the desktop. The only thing that happens is iPhoto opens & shows the N8 connected to it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It sounds like your N8 might be defaulting to PC/Ovi/Nokia Suite mode. Have you tried setting Mass Storage as the default USB connection then plugging in the USB cable?

The only other last ditch solution I can think of would be to get a CA-157 cable (as you have an N8 there is supposed to be one in the box) and a spare USB flash drive. Put the music onto the flash drive, then plug the CA-157 and the flash drive (must be FAT formatted) into your N8 through USB OTG. Transfer using the N8's file manager then refresh your library manually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement