Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas prepayment meters- anyone have one? Need some help asap.

Options
  • 27-11-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Have the bord gais prepayment meter, and Im having some trouble with it ... when you run out of credit on the card, it stops the flow of gas from the meter outside. So when you put credit back on the card and into the machine , theres some button or other you need to press in n around the meter itself to start the flow again... Anyone know where this button is?

I have gone out with a torch and looked all over inside the box and cant see it.. its not the two buttons at the front under the display either..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just press the red button on the front. You may need to press and hold for a few seconds with the card in the machine

It's a requirement that a soundness test is carried out before the low pressure lock out is reset.

You could try ringing BG and ask their advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Isli

Thanks Gary, I have sorted it now.. got a hold of one of my neighbours... seems the button I was looking for was there all along, just more hidden . Thank you so much for your help.

The reset button is there for whenever a reset is required after a safety device to detect low pressure/leak has kicked in, I'm sure that anytime you may have to reset it then it will be down to the boiler, but you have to be careful that you don't reset it when it's ativated due to a leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 minil08

Isli wrote: »
    Thanks Gary, I have sorted it now.. got a hold of one of my neighbours... seems the button I was looking for was there all along, just more hidden . Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Isli,

We have just moved into a house with a prepay meter and are having the same problem as you. Where did you find the button on the meter?

• Advertisement

minil08 wrote: »
    Hi Isli,

We have just moved into a house with a prepay meter and are having the same problem as you. Where did you find the button on the meter?

Please be aware these are safety devices and you could have a gas leak, by resetting the device you could allow gas to leak in to your property.

I would ring board gais first to have the pipework tested for leaks before resetting the device.

Explosions are rare but they do happen, paranoia is a beautiful thing.

Advertisement