Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presentation at Interview?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an interview coming up for an IT position...

I have to give a ten minute presentation on a specific ICT topic before the actual interview commences..
    There are three topic available to choose from...one I have chosen is kinda 'How can subject area be utilised...etc'
    I have been preparing my presentation over the weekend but have suddenly come to the realisation that what I should be doing is using the presentation as an extension of the interview process... ie Not just blathering on showing my knowledge on the subject but showing where I have had personal experience of the subject (which I have a fair amount but not covering all areas)

What do ye say?
    Standard presentation or use it as 'I have done','I have implemented', 'I have worked on', 'my experience of x is'..all referring to topic subject.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

You're being very vague, what's the exact topic of your presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

You're being very vague, what's the exact topic of your presentation?

How can social media be better availed of................:rolleyes:

So ..

Do I do a standard 'Here's what's possible'

or do I present on how I have utilised it in a business setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

I had to do a similar presentation once and had the same thoughts... in the end I gave a broad overview first and described some different areas at a high level but focused in on the area which I had experience in and talked about what I had done. That way I could show I had a broader knowledge of what was going on in the field, as well as drawing attention to what I had worked on. Got good feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Stuff like this might be helpful.

Advertisement