Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Technical Data.

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

As above i was wondering if there is many mechanics on here?...im using autodata at the minute but I was wondering what other software to do with car technical stuff/parts etc etc....and how would you rate it?....Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

for ford use microcat and for electric diagram use TiS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

BMW using INPA EDIABAS / NCS

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭McP2011

Thanks for the replys, ive never heard of those before have you got any links to them?...cheers.

for ford use microcat and for electric diagram use TiS

Just done a google for TiS there but is it only for BMW?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Microcat

microcat.th.jpg

TiS

tisj.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Outside of autodata and car specific Haynes manuals most modern cars technical data will be manufacturer specific. Most would be used in conjunction with diagnostic gear.

The 2 I'd use are:

Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda - VCDS/ElsaWin
    Mercedes - Xentry DAS/WIS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

McP2011 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys, ive never heard of those before have you got any links to them?...cheers.

Here you go.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561237

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

When it comes to Technical data you have a couple of options, Autodata are the daddy of it, but there is also Tollerence .

When is comes to marque specific data, every one is different, the only one i know which hasn't been mentioned so far is Toyota(techdoc.toyota-europe.com)

AFAIK, Microcat is a electronic parts catalog, not a source of tech. data. At least thats what i use it for. In the last couple of years alot of manufacturers have switched to it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Handy BMW repair instructions http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

For peugeot citroen i us servicebox (part no's/part diagrams/how to guides) and sedre which covers all wiring diagrams/ecu locations etc.

Renault us dialogys which covers much the same as servicebox/sedre...:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replys :D...ill have a look at those mentioned so far...and i forgot to mention that i new about the peugeot and citreon serviceboxes...cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

I use autodata not cheap but is pretty good
    others are bosch esi, tolerance, vivid, audacon.

All manufacturers selling in the eu are also obliged to have their info available to independants, for a fee you can access this data online.

Advertisement