Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC lvl 5 & CAO

Options
  • 27-11-2011 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Guys!

I am currently doing a FETAC lvl 5 course for a duration of 1 year. I am planning on applying to the CAO next week so I could apply for the HEAR application and FETAC application.
    But I was wondering; am I eligible to apply for the FETAC application now or do I have to wait for my certificate next october and then apply?

I really want to get into a BSc. Nursing through either FETAC or HEAR application.

I keep on forgetting to ask my lecturer about this and now I'm on my holiday break and the only way I can contact him is through email; but he still haven't replied.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

When will you be finished your course? If you are finished in May you can apply now, just like the Leaving Cert. Your results are sent to the CAO just like the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

I actually finish next October. Does that mean I should just apply for the FETAC application after I get my certificate? or is that even possible?

If you're not finished until October, you won't be able to apply to the CAO this year with your FETAC results. You'll have to wait until the following year. But if you have a Leaving Cert and anything else you can apply with you can apply with those results this year.

Last question, I did my LC and got my results in 2010; can I still apply to the CAO? How are they going to get my results that way?

You can still apply with last years results. There's a space on the form asking you what year you sat the LC. You tick the 2010 box and fill in your exam number from that year. It will be on your certificate of results, or available from your school if you don't have it.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danomurray84

<sad troll attempt, 'dano'>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

danomurray84 troll banned

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i have been wondering what to do,I have a level 5 and currently doing a level i would like to continue on into college,how would i go about this?

i have been told to apply directly to the college and the cao at the same time.I did this but in the application form it doesn't have space to say that you are doing the lvl 6 currently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Question, when applying for the CAO and it asks to select which qualifications are relevant to me, do I just tick fetac level 5/6 or do I tick both fetac and leaving cert, as I did my leaving cert in June 2011?

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Question, when applying for the CAO and it asks to select which qualifications are relevant to me, do I just tick fetac level 5/6 or do I tick both fetac and leaving cert, as I did my leaving cert in June 2011?

You won't be finished your FETAC course until next October so those results won't be eligible, unless of course you are sitting the exams in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

You won't be finished your FETAC course until next October so those results won't be eligible, unless of course you are sitting the exams in the summer.

Have no exams, continual assessment. Finished in May. Most of the fetac courses where Im going are finished by the summer with the intention of applying through the CAO.

Oh right, well if you're assessed in May then tick the box for FETAC and LC and both sets of results will be considered when offering you college places.

Advertisement