Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeals

Options
  • 26-11-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys, got a letter the other day telling me i wasn't entitled to a grant because im doing my second fetac level 5 course. I didn't get a grant the first time . Just wondering is it worth my while trying to appeal this or is there no chance. Its annoying because based on the financial requirements i know i would be entitled to one. Thanks for any advice you can give me :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seize10

if you didnt get paid on your fetac lv5 the first one, then you should be entitled for your second, and you should appeal because you should get it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonnie.B

Thanks for replying, after reading up it a bit it's still not very clear but it seems that it doesn't matter whether you got a grant before or not...if its at the same level its not deemed as progress therefore im not eligible. But no harm in appealing i guess. Any ideas on the how to go about appealing, can't find information on that either. Just call to the VEC?.....im living in Cork by the way. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

because you already have a level 5 the grant wont cover your getting a second one. you must be progressing from level 5 to 6 etc.

Advertisement