Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in joining a Harry Potter Society?

Options
  • 26-11-2011 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Everybody,
    My name is Rebecca. Myself and a group of friends have formed a committee and are in the process of setting up a Harry Potter Society called PotterSoc. We have sent in the application form and hopefully in the next few weeks we will hear back from the Socs Officer.
    We are going to be organising loads of Harry Potter themed activities on campus:
    Movie nights
    Book club / discussions
    Table quizzes
    End of the year muggle quidditch blitz
    Facebook competitions
    Gaming night (ps3, wii, pc)
    Annual Yule Ball and Halloween Party
    Comedy Showings

to find out more search for us on facebook or check out pottersoc dot webs dot com.

so... my question for you is:
    --Would you be interested in joining?
    and
    --Can you think of any other cool things we could do?

Leave us a comment below!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

I know a good few people who'd be interested! Me and a few friends were only saying last year how weird it was that there wasn't one already!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

only in galway....oh how i miss it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phenex

One issue is that NUIG's film license doesnt include Warner Bro's so you wouldnt be allowed to play the actual films on campus. Bar that the rest sounds decent enough, hammer out more details of it or email me at su.socs@nuigalway.ie to talk more about it if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Hell yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

rebecca_, while i appreciate the idea of Pottersoc, signing up just to promote it is against the rules. If anyone wants more info on it, go check out the links posted.

Thread locked (and Alohomora won't work:D)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement