Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Started worki last week, didn't get paid yesterday on payday?

Options
  • 26-11-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm getting paid monthly. Do you think I should be worried or will I get paid for the full next month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Probably not enough time to set you up in payroll. Why not ask?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Kensington wrote: »
    Probably not enough time to set you up in payroll. Why not ask?:)

I signed the contract on the 19th, it was faxed to the bank this Monday. Probably right, not enough time.

What'll I ask without sounding stupid? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Colibri wrote: »
    I signed the contract on the 19th, it was faxed to the bank this Monday. Probably right, not enough time.

What'll I ask without sounding stupid? :)

When it went to the bank isn't important. When it was sent to payroll and when they processed the request is. I'd be pretty certain that you missed the deadline, that's all. If your job inolves putting in expense claims you could ask when they are due in each month, otherwise just ask HR. I promise you it won't be the most stupid thing they have been asked, not by a long shot.

Ask when the December pay day is as lots of places pay it a little early which might help if you are stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

While we're at it, have you told Revenue that you've started there, and received a tax-credits certificate?

If not, then ask HR what their employer registration number is, and ring Revenue. It may be that HR say they've taken care of it, but you should contact them too, so they get correct information about what you did earlier in the year.

TBH, if you only started last week, I wouldn't expect you to be set up in payroll this fast. Agree it's a pain with Christmas coming up, but that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Have the form 12A filled out and all. Will post it in the morning :)

It is a pain but a necessary thing, I'll be minted before Christmas :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement