Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a market for this in the area?

Options
  • 26-11-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I just moved to Grange, just outside Athenry from Tipperary and am in the process of starting a biz as a Makeup Artist (I also do family Photography). Is there really much of a Market for it here in Galway City/County? I'm doing some free work just to get started with a portfolio, but still not having much luck. Any opinions are welcome! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭yenoah

I just moved to Grange, just outside Athenry from Tipperary and am in the process of starting a biz as a Makeup Artist (I also do family Photography). Is there really much of a Market for it here in Galway City/County? I'm doing some free work just to get started with a portfolio, but still not having much luck. Any opinions are welcome! :D

If you are going to start a business, you first do your research. You find out if there is a market, the size of that market, the barriers to entry and the costs of start up to determine a break even point. So you need to research the locality and the people to see if they willing to avail of any service you are proposing to offer.

Hoping to get the above covered by asking a question on a thread here, is pretty much the opposite of entrepreneurial IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

yenoah wrote: »
    If you are going to start a business, you first do your research. You find out if there is a market, the size of that market, the barriers to entry and the costs of start up to determine a break even point. So you need to research the locality and the people to see if they willing to avail of any service you are proposing to offer.

Hoping to get the above covered by asking a question on a thread here, is pretty much the opposite of entrepreneurial IMO.

Wow. OK well, I have NO costs of start up because I have been at it for a awhile (but by no means would I call myself a pro) and have everything I need. I DID research the area where I WAS living when I started and there was a need for what I was offering. I had an unexpected and fast move to Galway and have had a very good experience so far with the people here.... minus you of course. I was always taught that if I had nothing nice to say, then to not say anything at all.... Obviously you were taught differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭yenoah

Ok.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mod Note:

OP,

It is against Boards.ie terms to use the forums for Market research.
    Boards.ie Terms of Use

4. What you agree to when joining Boards.ie: You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to:
    solicit … personally identifying information for commercial … purposes
    post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content… or any other form of commercial publicity

Source: http://www.boards.ie/terms/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement