Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI A4 2005 cruise control not working

Options
  • 26-11-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

My cruise control on B7 A4 2.0tdi 2005 is not working at all. When i switch the stalk on i get no indication on the instrument panel at all. I would guess that the stalk itself is faulty, but on really cold mornings it will work perfectly, maybe just a co-incidence but it has happened a few times so just a bit weird. Would anyone know where to get a breakdown of the system or have any information of where to start troubleshooting it ??? I have the current haynes manual and nothing at all mentioned about cruise control.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I have never seen a faulty cruise switch on one. Have seen a few A4 with cruise inoperative and it has been a faulty clutch pedal switch. Easiest way to check is via measuring blocks in VCDS or similar diagnostic equipment. If you don't know anywhere who will check without charging you then a new switch is only €20 so might be worth taking a chance and changing it to see if it solves the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

cheers george thanks for the info, could prob get my hands on the diagnostics but if the switch is as cheap as you mention might just give that a go.

really suprised that the haynes manual didnt have anything about it but got a good torrent d/l with parts catalogues and service manuals so might find something there. just trying to get it to work on my pc and will post link if it does

Advertisement