Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mickel Therapy

Options
  • 26-11-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about Mickel Therapy? Is it a benign scam, a souped up placebo or a dangerous money wasting trick?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Has anyone heard anything about Mickel Therapy? Is it a benign scam, a souped up placebo or a dangerous money wasting trick?
    It's standard alternative-medicine stuff: personal testimonials, ads, "body-mind healing", "quantum theory", "energy vibrating", hints of pyramid-schemism and so on. The Mickel Therapy website is here:

http://www.mickeltherapy.com/

I wouldn't waste my money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

robindch wrote: »
    It's standard alternative-medicine stuff: personal testimonials, ads, "body-mind healing", "quantum theory", "energy vibrating", hints of pyramid-schemism and so on. The Mickel Therapy website is here:

http://www.mickeltherapy.com/

I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Yes - similar conclusion. Just wondering how crazy it was and if there were any testimonies. David Mickel has a good trick where he says he wants clinical trials but the NHS won't do them. And nor should they be wasting tax payers money on that nonsense.

One thing that is interesting about him is that he claims he was a practising GP. How any body would a good comprehension of Junior Cert Science could be saying what he is, is beyond me?

I tried to find out where he studied but it's difficult to get information on it. He must have been one crazy ass GP. Or else some spoofer who did alternative medicine and called himself a GP.

Advertisement