Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DST UK clan looking to play some clan matches with you guys!

Options
  • 26-11-2011 5:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi, Ive posted a request already on The Irish Guards forum, but I would also like to extend an invite to any other clans playing BF3 on PC to see if you would like to play against Delta Strike Team.

We are available most weeknights from around 7-10pm. Should be able to have between 5-8 players with just a couple of days notice.

We're a small, mainly UK based clan and we have decided its time to test our skills against some other gamers.

Send me a message either on here or join our forum and post in their.

http://www.deltastriketeam.com/DSTForums/

Really look forward to hearing from you and hopefully we can get a game this coming week!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

I forgot to mention one important thing. We are happy to play any map and any game mode that suits you, all that we require is that its played in hardcore mode. There are many clans out there that only play softcore, we dont like that mode and prefer hardcore.

Thanks.

106 views and no reply as yet. I thought there would be loads of interest for a clan match! Is it because we want to play in hardcore mode?

Have I posted this in the correct section?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,077 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's the right section, but it's mostly a loose knit community rather than a collection of clans here, with the exception of TIG and the Craggy Island lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

djrichard wrote: »
    Is it because we want to play in hardcore mode?
    Also, why hardcore mode? Is it due to the lack of a HUD, or less shots to kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Personally I prefer hardcore mode because its slightly more realistic, less "aids" so to speak.. and maybe the hope it will attract more war nerds who might have possible have a tiny bit more teamplay

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Personally I prefer hardcore mode because its slightly more realistic, less "aids" so to speak.. and maybe the hope it will attract more war nerds who might have possible have a tiny bit more teamplay
    Whilst hardcore in BF3 is good, many people people still remember BFBC2's "one bullet one kill" M60 "prey and spray".

Also, due to the lull between BF2 and BF3 some clans are not around. I don't think there was any clan ladders in BFBC2, although I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No interest in Hardcore, or mad rule sets saying you cant have this, that and the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'd definitely say its your hardcore requirement that's loosing the interest.

Hardcore, is not BF3. Its a chopped down, silly version that makes it too easy to kill, but also takes away from a lot of the features of the game.

Play pure BF3 mode, and you'd get a lot more interest.

BF has a mini map, it has spotting, it has weapon differences, it has visual aids, it has crosshairs etc

You start taking these things away, and you're basically playing a stripped down, beta version of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think it's also to do with Spears comment, that most members of the forum aren't in a clan, and those that are aren't really into the competitive scene.

My clan tried to have an "internal" 8v8, it was a nightmare setting up the config are the recent patch haha

Im not 100% sure why we want to play hardcore. I prefer it myself because to me it seems a little bit more realistic. I dont like the regeneration of health in most softcore modes. We all come from an Operation Flashpoint background and we are used to having to play as a team unti, supporting one another with supplies, medical care and also playing tactically and being careful with our life. Many times in OF we played missions where we had it set to no respawn at all. Sometimes the mission might take a couple of hours to complete and if you were stupid and ran out into an area you would be wiped out instantly and your game for the night was over. I know its a different game altogether, but we prefer hardcore and we have noticed that the players who play that mode are generally of a higher standard. If we go into a softcore server as a clan, we usually have no problem winning and it seems a bit too easy. In hardcore it seems much more even and we have to really fight to win the game.
    TheFairy wrote: »
    No interest in Hardcore, or mad rule sets saying you cant have this, that and the other.

We dont have any requirements or mad rules stating what can and cant be used, just that we prefer hardcore. Ive been in servers where they state no vehicles, no mortar etc etc, but we will play anything as long as its hardcore.

Hopefully someone will be willing to have a match or two with us, and hopefully people are not too scared to play in hardcore mode and can rise to the challenge..... :) If you can start winning in hardcore, you will really own in softcore.

A little tease to provoke an outcry and give cause to rise up against us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I'd definitely say its your hardcore requirement that's loosing the interest.

Hardcore, is not BF3. Its a chopped down, silly version that makes it too easy to kill, but also takes away from a lot of the features of the game.

Play pure BF3 mode, and you'd get a lot more interest.

BF has a mini map, it has spotting, it has weapon differences, it has visual aids, it has crosshairs etc

You start taking these things away, and you're basically playing a stripped down, beta version of a game.

Any hardcore racing-sim nerds would disagree with you.. you can be adding more to a game by taking away the aids.

Anyway its no big deal in bf3, much the same really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I found hardcore games a total pain in a hole experience.

Most people who love hardcore are snipers. Any game I played hardcore on bc2 had 5 million snipers and a few idiots trying to play it properly.

Organised clam playing vs bunch of randomers is a stupid idea.

I got unlucky enough yesterday to get in to a game where all people on one side were clam mates and other side were pure randomers.

It was horrible. 2 full squads walking from a to b are almost impossible to take on without organised group. It was rape fest. When I asked to balance out teams a bit I was told: " you mad bro?! ".

I still managed to knife a ton of them and wipe out full squads on my own, but still lost it when they regrouped and attacked one point.

That's how the bf3 should be played, but not when randomers vs organised group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

7nTnr.png?1309330974

djrichard wrote: »
    we have noticed that the players who play that mode are generally of a higher standard.
    I've always found it to be the complete opposite, esp in BFBC2. I find the respawn ensures this.

I much prefer hardcore on something like CS, where the objective is different, and the game can be won by killing the enemy team. In BF3, if you kill the enemy team, they'll respawn, with full ammo, full health, etc.
    Most people who love hardcore are snipers. Any game I played hardcore on bc2 had 5 million snipers and a few idiots trying to play it properly.
    Agreed. In BFBC2, most "hardcore" servers were maps with plenty of trees, with snipers on one side "winning" by kills alone (from their spawn, which cannot be accessed by the other team), and not by completing the objective.

=-=

Public "hardcore" is a snipe-fest on BFBC2. In "normal" BF (normal = not a mod), hardcore didn't work, as people could guard the bomb with an M60, and/or stay in their spawn area and kill the people who got so bored, tried to creep up n them.

In BF3, I've noticed that hardcore is no longer "one shot, one kill", but a bit more sensible.

=-=

If you enabled the "hardcore" setting on a squad deathmatch server and advertised it as such (in the server title), you would probably get a better response, and find clans who play hardcore that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

squad DM hardcore is fun ,has bf3 been patched yet ?, i might start playing again

There isnt much point comparing BF3 to BFBC2, because the use of IRNV scopes really makes life difficult for snipers, as does the use of mortar and the night vision on the attack helicopters. If someone has nightvision unlocked on the helis, its the simplest task to wipe out any infantry, especially camping snipers. When Ive played on softcore servers the helicopters seem ridiculously powerful, unless the other team has a load of players using javelin, in which case it can still be difficult as youre always trying to avoid being locked onto.

As it is, none of our members play as sniper when we play together as they are basically playing the game on their own. The only time someone goes sniper is if they are providing a spawn point, or if they are running about as a sniper in amongst the rest of us, certainly not camped away up high.

I wasnt suggesting that it was a clan Vs randomers either, I just thought maybe some clan members would read this post and if they wanted, they would post a message to me so we could arrange a match. This is exactly what happened, Ive had a PM and Im arranging a match with a clan member from another UK clan. The member who contacted me happens to be from Ireland and thats why he was on this forum.

I will let you all know how that turns out, hopefully we wont be humiliated in our first clan match in BF3!

Well we had our first clan match last night against BFDS (Battlefield Dogs). It was boards member Colm who invited us to play after reading my post on here.

We had a great 8 V 8 match and DST managed to win in the end. We will be having a rematch soon.

Anyone else wanting to play, PM me here and we can arrange it.

Advertisement