Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Free Fees" as a postgrad

Options
  • 26-11-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a cousin living in the USA that has dual nationality, so she has Irish citizenship. She is finishing a degree over there and wants to do postgrad.

From my knowledge of the government fees scheme is that they partially pay your fees for your first qualification at 3rd level. Say if she came here to study and had not received any fees assistance from the government before now would they cover some of the cost of postgrad fees as they do with undergrad students?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Hi,

I have a cousin living in the USA that has dual nationality, so she has Irish citizenship. She is finishing a degree over there and wants to do postgrad.

From my knowledge of the government fees scheme is that they partially pay your fees for your first qualification at 3rd level. Say if she came here to study and had not received any fees assistance from the government before now would they cover some of the cost of postgrad fees as they do with undergrad students?

I'm fairly sure you have to be resident in the European Union for the prior 3 years to be eligible for assistance with fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Advertisement