Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewsonic 7inch Tablet Android Gruupy.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

swingking wrote: »
    http://www.gruupy.com/?channel=megadeals&locale=e

Looks like a good bargain as this has 3g radio as well. Can anyone advise on this device?

€200 isn't really a bargain for a 7in device these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Simi wrote: »
    €200 isn't really a bargain for a 7in device these days.

What's a good price as a matter of interest and where can you point me toward such an offer

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't think this is a good deal to be honest. It's got a really poor processor, and it's running android 2.2. If it was 100 it would be a good deal, not at 200 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

swingking wrote: »
    What's a good price as a matter of interest and where can you point me toward such an offer

Finding a decent cheap tablet is kinda the holy grail at the moment. There are plenty of cheap tablets floating about, none of which are particularly good and there are plenty of great tablets, all of which are €250+.

There are plenty of the cheap kind here http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/computing/tablets-and-ipads/3167/9/categorie.html?sPageInfo=1_50

The only advice I can give is research as much as you can and see which price/performance ratio suits your needs. The archos at the top of the list can routinely be found for sub €200 prices and you can flash the official android market onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I wouldn't think this is a good deal to be honest. It's got a really poor processor, and it's running android 2.2. If it was 100 it would be a good deal, not at 200 though.

Awful processor.. to put it in perspective, the ViewPad has a 600MHz ARM 11 processor, the rather ropey and ageing Samsung Galaxy Ace has an 800MHz ARM 11 processor. Less processing power than a lower end Android phone, but with more pixels to push around the screen, on less resources. Not a good combination.

You will never get Flash support, or fancy ROMs of later versions of Android, simply because the tablet cannot handle the workload.

The screen resolution is *exactly* the same (800x480) as the myriad of Chinese clones out there, many of which are cheaper and with a better suite of features.

So, basically, your trump feature is the 3G, but at what cost..?

• Advertisement
Advertisement