Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I pregnant?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, ok so i was due my period last tues and i usually get it right on time. I've had really bad cramps though all week, the worst i've ever had and i'm really wrecked (slightly tender boobs) I looked up symptoms online and pregnant kept jumping out at me ...
    I'm in a fully committed and loving relationship (and i'm possibly the broodiest person ever) so it wouldn be the end of the world but my partner is startin an cadetship to b a pilot and will be gone for 14 months so really not ideal!! :/ please tell me i'm okay .... Or just give any advice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Try a pregnancy test and/or visit your GP is about all the advice anyone can offer. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

Wouldn't ever have experienced cramps at such a time. Buy a test for a few euro in Boots or even Tesco. Will give you a quick answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi!
    To be honest there's really not point asking if you are pregnant as we dont know the circumstances around conception, ie. Were you using contraceptives/condoms? If you were then chances of pregnancy very slim to none. Even if you didn't use any protection, no one would be Able to say 'yes your pregnant' because even though you feel your having symptoms, this could just be your nerves, and bein nervous and worrying can also delay your period! And pregnancy symptoms dont usually
    start when your only a couple of weeks pregnant.
    However the only way your going to fund out is by doing a test, which id suggest you do a.s.a.p because if you are pregnant you need to see a doc, take folic acid etc etc. You can get tests in tesco now which are very reasonably priced, or you could get the clear blue one with conception Indicator, this dates your pregnancy, but is a little more expensive, approx Between 9 and 15 euro.
    Best of luck and i hope you bite the bullet and do the test immediately!
    Good luck, whatever the result.

P.s. As far as i know, bad stomach cramping is not a sign of pregnancy-but i suppose everyone's different......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I've had period type cramps on and off for past week, this is a normal symptom. It's from your uterus stretching a bit.

Definitely just take a test and do it first thing in the morning with your first pee as that's the most concentrated. If you're that many days late then if you're pregnant it will almost certainly come up positive.

There's never a right time to have a baby and these things work themselves out.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dcapbtls

hi i have taken 6 first response pregnancy tests..each had a very faint positive line..and today i did a clear blue didigal which said not pregnant..can someone please advise as i think im going nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dcapbtls wrote: »
    hi i have taken 6 first response pregnancy tests..each had a very faint positive line..and today i did a clear blue didigal which said not pregnant..can someone please advise as i think im going nuts
    I'd say wait another few days and do another clear blue digital. But if you are getting faint positive lines on the others, you might be as the pregnaNcy hormone is obviously present but may not be strong enough.
    Best of luck :)

thank you for reply..i have shown my tests to a friend she also seen the lines but so faint..she did a test with me..and she can not get pregnant,,her test had no line at all..its very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dcapbtls wrote: »
    thank you for reply..i have shown my tests to a friend she also seen the lines but so faint..she did a test with me..and she can not get pregnant,,her test had no line at all..its very frustrating
    Just give it a few days and try again. There is no point in going to the doctor yet to do a test as the tests they use are not as sensitive as the clear blue and other home tests.
    I hope you get the result you want! :)

yes thank you..ive been doing test now for almost two weeks..so i will see how it goes thank you

Advertisement