Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress contact form sending emails to junk folder

Options
  • 25-11-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue on a Wordpress site of mine whereby some of the contact form emails are being sent to my junk folder. I'm using Gmail as my mail host for my business account, and I'm getting these warning messages on some of the emails:

"This message may not have been sent by: sample@gmail.com"

The contact form is set up so that it sends an email to my address with the contact's email as the From field. Could this be something to do with it? It's only happening with some emails.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

You're right - you need to change the subject on the emails from the contact form to something consistent. You can then create a filter in gmail to make sure that they all get delivered to your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Thanks for your suggestion - that should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Great idea :) I'm having this problem with a contact form also, couldn't figure out a decent solution!

Advertisement