Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible faulty filling?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey

Couple of weeks back i got an old metal filling replaced with a white filling.for 4 or 5 days after the tooth was kinda sore when i would put any pressure on it,then this went away for a few days, the last couple of mornings when i have woken up the tooth has been a little sore if i touch it with my finger. when i press against the side of the tooth with my finger i hear a little click and then the pain goes away

im wondering what could be wrong? what is the click i hear wen i press against the tooth and why does that stop the tooth from being sore wen i put pressure on it,i guess mayb the filling inside could be loose or something im not sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

CyberJuice wrote: »
    Hey

Couple of weeks back i got an old metal filling replaced with a white filling.for 4 or 5 days after the tooth was kinda sore when i would put any pressure on it,then this went away for a few days, the last couple of mornings when i have woken up the tooth has been a little sore if i touch it with my finger. when i press against the side of the tooth with my finger i hear a little click and then the pain goes away

im wondering what could be wrong? what is the click i hear wen i press against the tooth and why does that stop the tooth from being sore wen i put pressure on it,i guess mayb the filling inside could be loose or something im not sure?

it could be a number of things but the most common problem is the filling may be slightly too high. Nighttime clenching or grinding on the high filling makes the tooth very tender after a few days. pop back to your dentist for a small adjustment ASAP. if that doesn't fix it then we can look at all the other possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

thanks for the reply,ill say it to the dentist next week when i have to go back and see what he thinks,hopefully it wont cost me any extra if it needs refilling

Advertisement