Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

...Gordon Bennett 2012 ....eh ?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with regard to the Gordon Bennett event in 2012 ?

I was 'googling' for something (related), and came across a list of different websites, all touting the 'Gordon Bennett' event...........so, will the Real Gordon Bennett please stand up !

1st- 4th June: http://gordonbennettclassic.ie/
    8th - 10th June: http://www.gordonbennett.ie/

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

The Gordon Bennett is an International event organised by the IVVCC and is open to cars pre '31. It has been ran for nearly 40 years.

The Gordon Bennett Classic is a non competitive event that was started around 5-8 years ago and is open to all cars over 25 years old (as far as I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

galwaytt wrote: »

Cool, I had forgotten to look at the website for results, We came 29th over all, not bad for our first attempt :rolleyes:

I should be there again this June :)

edit: ...and this was me taking my starter off :eek:

31942.jpg

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.
    For those interested in Pre '31 cars this event starts tomorrow in Naas.

It is based in the Killashee House Hotel.

The cars will be stopping for lunch in Tullamore on Saturday afternoon and will all return to the Killashee on Saturday evening so either would be a good place to see the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.
    For those interested in Pre '31 cars this event starts tomorrow in Naas.

It is based in the Killashee House Hotel.

The cars will be stopping for lunch in Tullamore on Saturday afternoon and will all return to the Killashee on Saturday evening so either would be a good place to see the cars.

Don't think its starting from Naas this year, Sheehy motors are not Mercedes dealers anymore, so the assembly point was moved to Motor Distributers Limited, on the Naas road in Dublin, the rest of the event is still based in Killashee House though.

Sorry, I meant from a spectator point of view.
    It is starting in MDL on Naas Road for lunch for participants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement