Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Price Increase.

Options
  • 25-11-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard how much tobacco will be going up in this budget? I hope they don't but with everything else been hit I can't see how there not going to touch tobacco.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

200motels wrote: »
    I can't see how there not going to touch tobacco.
    Because every time they do it makes the smuggling problem worse. Not to say that they won't; but if they don't, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wowreally?

200motels wrote: »
    Has anyone heard how much tobacco will be going up in this budget? I hope they don't but with everything else been hit I can't see how there not going to touch tobacco.

Rumor has it €10.00

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tescosolvakia

There has been so many seizures of late which goes to show how big the black market is. It'll only grow if prices increase- I really hope they don't increase the prices of cigarettes. A tenner is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Wowreally? wrote: »
    Rumor has it €10.00

Any source on this? They wont touch tobacco, except for the fact that the VAT hike will put 17c on every pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

€20 would still be too cheap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Have you some reasoning behind that statement bryaner? And remember to read the forum charter before replying.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Was talking to a rep at work last week. Apparently B&H Silver will be staying at €8 regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

25¢ on a pack of 20.
    Could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

25¢ on a pack of 20.
    Could be worse.

This including VAT?

Any source on this? They wont touch tobacco, except for the fact that the VAT hike will put 17c on every pack.

How wrong i was :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This including VAT?

I don't know. Check out the budget reports yourself.

No the 25 cent is being applied now (excise duty is being put up). Vat will add another 20 cent or so come Jan 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No the 25 cent is being applied now (excise duty is being put up). Vat will add another 20 cent or so come Jan 1st.

Dear God, I don't need this right now.:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So thats... 9.10 for a pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Just bought a box of Benson for 8.63.

Is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

dunnaman93 wrote: »
    Just bought a box of Benson for 8.63.

Is that right?

Should be 8.90 as they were 8.65 prior to the budget. In saying that I was charged 8.65 for a pack today.

Advertisement