Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Irish Rail so bad?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 12:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have traveled by train in Germany, France, Spain and a few others, they are by FAR more reliable faster, cleaner, more mannered staff than Irish Rail.

Now, before anyone says to me " That's because it's mainland Europe" ... if you're gonna say that then just GTFO this post, even for short distance commuter rail, all other countries beat Irish Rail hands down .. I can't afford a car, and Dublin bus is much too inconvenient to get into town as I would have to get a bus to Swords, then one to Abbey Street, then one to Temple Bar area (if it's raining) .. it's just a shamble...

Why does it take over 2 hours to get from Dublin to Belfast ... you would bloody drive it in 2 hours ... trains are supposed to be faster than by car !!! it shoul take no more than an hour !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement