Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making the Christmas cake!

Options
  • 24-11-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Lads, finally caved in and bought the ingredients today to make a Christmas cake, and now I finally feel Christmassy! Haven't made one in a few years, and only usually buy a really small one as not many people like it, but I absolutely LOVE the smell of it when it's baking in the oven.

Making it on sunday and will post a picture of it when it is iced and decorated :) So if anyone else wants to post up their Christmas cake, homemade or else, happy days!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mmm Christmas cake.

I like the one my nana used to make, I used to chop up a few slices of it along with the Xmas pudding she made and poured hot custard over it, it would be swimming in custard.

She hasn't made cakes in a few years, 'cause no one (except myself and herself) ate them :( Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

My Mother made a cake for me today, her house smelt so yum. She has a pudding made for me as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

When is Christmas fm start, anyone know/ Anyone know what frequency it is going to be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

When is Christmas fm start, anyone know/ Anyone know what frequency it is going to be on?

go here ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758416&page=14

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I baked mine 3 weeks ago and I've been dosing it with potteen each week since, which reminds me.........
    There is nothing nicer than the smell of christmas cake baking wafting all over the house. One of my favourite smells. When I got up the next day and the smell was gone I was so tempted to bake another, but didn't. Maybe mince pies next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

my late mother used always make ones at christmas, a few different "types" because I did not like mixed peel in it :D she would make a slightly richer one as well for the "visitors" ... going to attempt to make one this year myself as I recently found a few recipes she had for ones with amendments so will give it a bash and see what way it comes out. In the past few years my mother in law has given us one, so hopefully I'll have two for this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Never mind making it, I've been eating a 4 inch round one by myself all week, yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I made mine a few weeks ago and it really was the start of Christmas for me. Feeding it with brandy every couple of days and its smells yummy!!!

Will put the almond paste on in about a week and then ice it a week or so later.

Advertisement