Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand Macs?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello all,
    I've seen a similar thread to my question but posted a year ago, so just wanted to get some feedback. Sadly after almost eight years of service my iBook G4 isn't cutting it any more. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before the hard drive goes caput. I don't want to part with it and the price of a brand new Mac is prohibitive for me. I've had a look at Mactivate and the Apple Store refurbs but does anyone else have any more good suggestions (coming from experience) as to where to buy a reliable second hand Mac? If I had a grand or more to spare I'd almost consider getting a new one but sadly times are tough. Any thoughts? In the market for a Macbook or Macbook Pro if it wasn't too pricey, decent bit of RAM and a processor that's a good bit better than a current high end smartphone if you get my drift. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Ring up Apple in Cork and tell then you're a student. You'll get 10-12% off your purchase. Consider the Apple refurb store too, you can get good bargains from time to time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I always buy my Macs 2nd hand. Usually off eBay. I've been burned once in ten purchases. A girl foisted off a faulty MacBook on me. The video processor failed after a month and I'm pretty sure she saw warning signs before selling it. So it's a gamble, but one I'm prepared to take. I bought a used iPod Touch last week. Seems OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tadhg999

0ive noticed you can pic iup macbook pro's for cheaper on ebay.de, yes you will have to change the keyborad , but thats easy, jus you tube it, where as ebay.co.uk ar exspensive for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

tadhg999 wrote: »
    0ive noticed you can pic iup macbook pro's for cheaper on ebay.de, yes you will have to change the keyborad , but thats easy, jus you tube it, where as ebay.co.uk ar exspensive for obvious reasons

That's interesting actually!

Advertisement