Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator not heating

Options
  • 24-11-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Lads - I've a radiator in the box room upstairs that's not heating at all. All others in the house are fine. I've searched through the threads on here and gone through these steps -
    1. Open both valves fully. Closes and opened them a few times.
    2. Bled the radiator - about 2 litres of clear water came out.
    .3 Switched off all other rads in the house while heating was on.

None of this worked. One thing that I noticed with all of the other rads off was that the pipe to valve A (in attached pic) got hot but nothing entered the rad. I then blen the rad again and could feel heat up the left side of the rad and then across the top to the bleed tap.

I'm stumped :(. Any advice greatly appreciated!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Blocked rad I'd say, you could take it down and try flushing it out with a hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi barach
    Could be 1, Valve ceased or 2.Sludge in radiator. Firstly close both valves take of rad and flush it out with a hose. So the is ok.
    secondly get basin to catch water. Open each valve slightly and see are you getting water. This will also test if valves are ok,

NW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

id say wash the rad out take it off and clean it with hose as said before

close both valves
    disconect rad from valves block holes with fingers and bbring rad out side dont open the blead screw this will help keep water in rad till you get youe finger over it
    wash rad out half fill with water and shake it hard repeat till clean
    open both valves ensure water is coming out one at a time obviously
    replace rad and blead only blead when heating is out (pump off)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeanoCeltic

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Something to try over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

Just read this thread and fixed a rad in my bedroom. Pin was stuck in down position. Cheers lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement