Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting Cymbals

Options
  • 24-11-2011 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey everyone

I have an 18" and a 19" Sabian B8 crash at home and they are both cracked. I drilled them at the time but since then they have cracked beyond repair. My plan now is to make a 6" splash from the 18" and an 8" splash from the 19". Here in lies the dilemma...

How do I go about cutting out the centre of the cymbal?

I've asked a few engineers around Kilkenny but none of them have a suitable lathe...

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Moved from music.

You'll get a much better response here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 byrnea77

cheers man thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

A Jig saw with a metal cutting blade and finish the edge with a hand file. Go at it real slow and you will get a good cut that won't require too much filing.
    You have lots of room to practice: just cut it at a greater diameter for a trial run and then go for the diameter you want when you have the hang of it.
    It's what I would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

they'll be nothing more than effect novelty cymbals after you cut them! just a word of warning!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭good vibes

Go to gumtree.look in the cymbals section .. a guy does Professional cutting.. sounds good!! all the best :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement