Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are mortgages calculated?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I've found loads of site explaining how to calculate the following but they are all based on US and Canadian mortgage systems. Is there a difference to the Irish system?

How do banks calculate what interest to charge on a mortgage loan?
    How much of the monthly repayment interest and how much is repayment of the borrowed amount?

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet to show total repayments, total repayments and amount owed. The numbers I'm working with are Loan amount €135000 Term 33 years. Below is a link to the type of thing I'm after

http://www.canequity.com/mortgage-calculator/

I put my details into that and the results were close, the monthly repayments doesn't match which is worked out be the interest rate I put in.

Comments

Advertisement