Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAGCOM in Dublin

Options
  • 24-11-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all, anyone out there with a VAGCOM for an 05 Audi TT. Need to clear an error code for a NCT. Had ordered one, but delivery before the deadline looks unlikely.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

rgunning wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone out there with a VAGCOM for an 05 Audi TT. Need to clear an error code for a NCT. Had ordered one, but delivery before the deadline looks unlikely.

Thanks
    I have vagcom and also had a TT but nowhere near Dublin. What is the fault? It might not simply be a matter of clearing the code if there is a significant fault there.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

It's the airbag. It seems to be from the connection under the seat being moved a lot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

I have it. Am in south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

have too... north Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Any half decent diagnostics system can read/clear it.

Have you fixed the problem though? If the problem still exist then the fault won't clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I have it and have a TTR. Im near Newlands Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miked0bb0

Hi Good morning,

I have an Audi A6 with a pesky airbag light that wont go out now (light has only been on since yesterday).

Does anybody have a VAGCOM for an Audi that I could drive to and try and reset my light for a small fee?

I am in Dublin port at the moment but could travel to you?

many thanks in advance!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

miked0bb0 wrote: »
    Hi Good morning,

I have an Audi A6 with a pesky airbag light that wont go out now (light has only been on since yesterday).

Does anybody have a VAGCOM for an Audi that I could drive to and try and reset my light for a small fee?

I am in Dublin port at the moment but could travel to you?

many thanks in advance!

Mike.

I'm in North county Dublin and could do it some evening.

Thanks Neil(?),

Would you be able to do it this evening (or afternoon by any chance)?

Can you also advise if a vagcom would be required if the fault had already cleared?

I was removing fuses yesterday to rectify a different fault and believe I had removed the airbag one by mistake - would the light stay on if this was the case?

Thanks,
    Mike.

Thanks Neil(?),

Would you be able to do it this evening (or afternoon by any chance)?

Can you also advise if a vagcom would be required if the fault had already cleared?

I was removing fuses yesterday to rectify a different fault and believe I had removed the airbag one by mistake - would the light stay on if this was the case?

Thanks,
    Mike.

The earliest I could do it today would be after 8.30pm.
    As for the fault, if I light went on for another fault there will be a fault code stored which vcds will display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

I have been battling that fault a lot recently.

Chances are it is an intermittent fault caused by the plug under the seat being disconnected even for an instant, which is a general design flaw with this generation of VW and Audi. The airbag could still work, its just that the light is designed to stay on until the driver gets the safety system checked.

Annnyway, for anyone who gets the fault code and airbag light cleared just for the NCT, don't be disappointed if you still fail the NCT because they move the front seat far forward and back enough to cause the plug to generate another fault.

Best 'o' luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Yes, once you trigger an airbag fault e.g. by removing the fuse, you need to clear it via diagnostics before the warning light goes out. This is the case for VAG's anyway.

@ miked0bb0 , just let us know how you getting on, fault is cleared, bus as i said , if there is permanent fault.. like faulty airbag or faulty wire , light might will come back. by the reports, which i emailed, you may figure out which one at fault, when put wag-com fault code in google, same way other faults, which you had.

Forgot to mention , to reset your systems i think safer is - switch on lights (engine and ignition off) and disconnect battery for an hour...... pulling fuses out is not the best idea. .

Thanks Maris,

Fault has remained cleared so I think it must have been related to the fuse being pulled by mistake.

Thanks for your help,
    Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭JR1210

Anyone with VagCom near Blanch area?

I am getting P0171 and P1128 and would like to get the car connected

JR1210 wrote: »

Swords if it's any use.

it was you , who left public messages in my profile ?? i have answered long time ago, but seems to be you haven't read. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=417719

Mar4ix wrote: »
    it was you , who left public messages in my profile ?? i have answered long time ago, but seems to be you haven't read. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=417719

Hi Mar4ix
    I thought I sent you a private message, I checked my inbox and for alerts but nothing :confused:
    Anywho I was reading on an Audi forum that with the full VagCom you can find the culprit by testing each bank starting at 032.. Would prefer to get it tested than throw parts at it

Can't find the link to the Audi forum but here is a similar link from VW forum
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1265064-VAG-COM-procedures-for-testing-the-MAF-O2-sensors-and-catalytic-converter

Neilw wrote: »
    Swords if it's any use.

Hi Neil, Im not too far from Swords, would be good to get tested if your free some evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

awww, everyone is so helpful here :)

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    What car is it?

Its a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T - This is what I got from the Vagcom but it wont test the banks

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 909 518 AL
    Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
    Software Coding: 0011504
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00672
    2 Faults Found:
    17536 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean
    P1128 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
    17698 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
    P1290 - 002 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent

Hi Neil, Im not too far from Swords, would be good to get tested if your free some evening?

Yeah should be able to do it over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Leeroy!

Hey guys,

sorry to re-ignite this thread but its the help of someone in Dublin with VAGCOM that I really need.
    Just had the amber check engine light come on in my MkV Gti 07 DSG and I have no idea what it could be :confused:. The car seems to be running fine no hiccups when driving and its fine on idle. I have checked the fuel cap its in decent condition.

The only thing I might say I'm noticing is a slight drop in performance but its so slight that I think i might be just paranoid right now. Its got 60k miles on it, timing belt done but the DSG service hasn't yet been done. Again i could be paranoid but it seems like its handling gear changes differently. Almost as if its staying in a gear for longer, where before I has felt it changed up quite soon...

Its killing me now to find out what could be causing this issue and would love to get to the bottom of it as i have budgeted to have a full service including DSG service done in Jan. :(

Can anybody help, I would really appreciate if someone could help diagnose this.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

^^ for what its worth , and may be of no help .
    my 2002 audi a3 began giving me intermittent check engine light before the alternator failed 10 weeks later

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

I'm in South dublin. I'll plug in for you if you want. Pm me and I will send you my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I have VCDS also and in newlands x area.

Anyone here have vag tacho 2.5, vag k can, vag commander I need the 4 digit pin to code a second transponder on a 02 TT

Lucifer wrote: »
    I'm in South dublin. I'll plug in for you if you want. Pm me and I will send you my number.

Thanks a million, PM on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We really should organise a group buy on this (the genuine version I mean) considering how many VAG cars there are here...

Hey guys,
    so just to follow up, I managed to get a mate who has a basic tool to plug in and see what fault code came up. P0441 is the code ...
    He cleared it and it seems fine, for now. Drove it today and it hasnt come back.

It was definitley in limp mode as the power is back 100% and she is ticking over / driving smoothly. Thankfully!

It still leaves me wondering though what exactly caused it as the description when i googled the error code was reasonably vague. I have a feeling it might have just been a bad does of petrol or perhaps something as simple as a lose gas cap messing with the vapors? :confused:

but im happy as long as she is running fine :D

massive thanks to you guys for getting back to me so fast, it really is great to have a community of enthusiasts to help each other out.

• Advertisement

Leeroy! wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    so just to follow up, I managed to get a mate who has a basic tool to plug in and see what fault code came up. P0441 is the code ...
    He cleared it and it seems fine, for now. Drove it today and it hasnt come back.

Here is explained fault in with ross tech wiki - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16825/P0441/001089

glad you were sorted.

you should go through what ross tech wiki suggest just in case that fault will appear again .

Advertisement