Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liturgy (Black Metal/Math Rock)

Options
  • 24-11-2011 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Don't know if any of you guys have heard of this band. Don't be put off by the black metal label, it's really along the lines of HEALTH in style. Definitely interesting stuff, some of the chord progressions and drumming is just fantastic. Only thing that really puts me off them is the lead singer, he's gained a reputation of being an elitist hipster asshole in interviews, but hey, it's about the music. Personally anything with cookie monster vocals puts me off, and I wasn't interested on first listen, but man, it grows on you. The ending of Returner is just spectacular. Post your thoughts on this band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So, in essence, this is just math-screamo? Actually there's nothing "math" about the track. It's just black mixed with screamo I think! It's a very boring song (IMO!).

The guitar is terrible. Too "tinny" for me. Sounds like a vinyl (or cassette tape) sped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

yeah Ive heard these guys and not a big fan, Really dont like much American Black metal, apart for one or two but in saying that I dont really see these as blackmetal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Awful band in my opinion. The lead singer is an eejit aswell, he wrote a manifesto about how his band is the next step in the evolution of black metal and that everything before was primitive.

For american black metal I'll stick with Krallice!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

The lead singer is an eejit aswell, he wrote a manifesto about how his band is the next step in the evolution of black metal and that everything before was primitive.

He sounds like a tool.

Anyway, first time hearing this band. The thread title grabbed my attention -black metal and math rock eh? Sounds interesting - unfortunately the song failed to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aeternitas

Absolutely despicable rubbish from brookyln money'd hipsters.

The worth of his little mannifesto would actually improve if it were used as toilet paper.

Hipsters should really stick to ''quirky'' indie rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Maybe Im gettin old but thats just noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Don't know if any of you guys have heard of this band. Don't be put off by the black metal label.

unless it's dimmu burger I'd sooner be put off by the math rock label, even that foals hupster shot that particular tag down

Advertisement