Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injections

Options
  • 24-11-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

How much do you pay to a vet to have your dogs injections done or do you do them yourself as my dog was done before I got her and the history was vauge I got her 7 in 1 done yesterday and a Booster in two weeks time I was quoted € 28.00 but it turned out after the visit to be € 41.42 cents I know he put something on her neck for a ear mite but € 13.42 for the ear mite fluid I was just afraid as there was a post of one of the lads losing his dog on this site just for the sake of € 40 odd euro not realy complaining I would have paid more she's a great dog,:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I pay €40 for yearly vacinations with kennel cough.

I think the vac alone is €25 - I haven't done it alone yet as 1 dog gets both on the same day, the other will be separate, but on the day he had his, the other dog had what turned out to be a hot spot.

For yearly vacs, plus looking at other dog, giving him a shot - painkiller I think and 5 days antiobiotics, it was €40.

I've since had that dog back for a hot spot - much worse one and she gave him a shot and then a week's worth of steroid and antibiotics, that was €25.

I buy my flea and worming treatments from her - often separate to the times of the vacs. The last time I got treatments for both of them - one is a 16kg collie x, the other is a 11-12kg collie x and they came to around €15. (I use the single flea treatment you squirt on their backs)

While it's not a posh, shiny clinic, it's also perfectly clean and she's really good with the dogs - they both happily trot away into her!! And one of them will curl up on the floor after his treatment while waiting for the other!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    How much do you pay to a vet to have your dogs injections done or do you do them yourself as my dog was done before I got her and the history was vauge I got her 7 in 1 done yesterday and a Booster in two weeks time I was quoted € 28.00 but it turned out after the visit to be € 41.42 cents I know he put something on her neck for a ear mite but € 13.42 for the ear mite fluid I was just afraid as there was a post of one of the lads losing his dog on this site just for the sake of € 40 odd euro not realy complaining I would have paid more she's a great dog,:confused:
    I am sorry about this post maybe I should have mentioned this is my Springer Spaniel which I am grooming her for next season's Hunting I did not expect to see it moved from Hunting Section my mistake,

Advertisement