Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris Verso 2000 Engine light

Options
  • 24-11-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey guys, have 1.3 litre 2000 Yaris Verso, very well looked after, a few months ago the engine light went on (see pic)

c0e656b4678d6ec7af89ab3c01fd537c.jpg

Brought it to a mechanic and he reset it with a hand held thingy and said they were a common thing after a certain amount of milage on toyota yaris.

2dc1417012dd3adb0dcdd8a1ada14154.jpg

Then a few days ago while driving on the m50 i had her running @120kmh in 5th and when coming home the engine light came back on again, then i noticed in 1st gear it started chugging when i pressed down hard on the accelerator it wouldnt give proper power, so i then brought it back to mechanic and he disonnected the battery for a few minutes (and then turned off the alarm with the provided key as its faulty anyway and began wailing when he reconnected the battery) anyhow the light was gone but this time the car was chuggin in 1st AND 2nd gear AND 3rd !

30c81b4fdcd646573abbdf305bc929c6.jpg

:( Is this an electrical problem caused by disconnectiing the battery or somehting else ?

Any insight or advice as to the likely fault would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Would you consider going to a different mechanic and having him read the fault codes ?

All this lad is doing is resetting that light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

+1

You need to see what fault code it's giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

yeah ok well, il have to do just that. have any idea what this even sounds like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Sounds like fuel/air mixture problem due to faulty readings of air flow sensor. Just a guess of course.

yeah ive google it a bit and ive heard that quite a lot of yaris have this fault, and that im better off with a 2nd hand authentic part than a micks garage jobby as they can go again very easily. pain in the ass folks, c180 , ford ka AND the bulletproof yaris all out of action :(

• Advertisement

i was told to take this bad boy out on the motorway and get her into high gear and throttle the s h i t out of it, and presto it worked , it was being driven in low gears all the time and apparently it needs a good run out to clean the rods and wat not (lamda senor & air flow) no more chugging :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

It seems the mechanic your bringing it to is unable or uninterested in actually diagnosing the problem.

If the light come on, just switching it off doesn't fix anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Switching off the light isnt gonna solve your problem.

It could be any number of faults causing this. My guess would be O2

sensor or engine temp sesor. Better to get it sorted properly.

well its seems to be ok, but the light hsa since gone out, if i connect it to that launch x431 thingy will it still show a code error ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

well its seems to be ok, but the light hsa since gone out, if i connect it to that launch x431 thingy will it still show a code error ?

I'd be sure that the fault will still be there and a decent electronic diagnostic will read the code.

• Advertisement

ok , il ask him to hook it up and have a look.

Advertisement