Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak from Sliding Door

Options
  • 24-11-2011 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

My 1996 ducato has a leak from the top of the sliding door. The exact location is the top right corner of the door as you look at it from the inside. The problem is that the seal is not closing tightly and if I push it with my finger I can see light. I have adjusted the sliding door (where the arm meets the rail at the top) as much as possible but this has not solved it. The rest of the door is fine and the seal is in good condition too. I don't know what to do from here. Can anyone suggest another remedy? I was thinking maybe a small hood above the door which would not allow water to get at the gap but not sure what I could use for this. Any suggestions welcome. I can post pics as well if this would help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Not sure what way the sliding door works in the ducato but in my VW there are roller bushes in the bottom arm of the door. These can get worn out and the door will sit lower than it should be leaving a gap at the top of the door. Worth a look...

Here's the part on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FIAT-DUCATO-VAN-SLIDING-DOOR-BOTTOM-ROLLER-94-01-NEW-/170105459695?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item279b1353ef

I'm sure you'd pick one up cheaper in a scrap yard or if you took the part out you might be able to fit new bushes on it (if that is the issue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Excellent! Thanks a lot for this. I figured there was something else out of whack when adjusting the arm at the top made little difference. Looking at it again it could be that the door is sitting low. I'll look into this, thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Apologies for dragging this up again but still have not resolved this problem. I have concluded that the issue is that the door is slightly bent due to a scrape that it got (previous owner). I've tried to beef up the seal with some cheap draught excluder stuff but water still dripping.

I spotted this stuff which would be the perfect solution: http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-drip-stop-300-75.html

However, i'd need the 300mm to go across the whole door and it's quite expensive. Does anyone know of a cheaper solution? Perhaps some kind of plastic moulding that I could stick on myself?

Advertisement