Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump getting softer?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi everyone, bit of a random question here. Im 18 weeks and up till now I've had decent bump, consistently firm and defined at the bottom. Bump would get bigger and more defined at the top depending on my bloatedness. I still haven't felt any movement, which is normal enough at this stage i think, but in the last few days my bump has been getting progressively softer. I haven't been bloated at all this last few days either, and i used to get bloated everyday.

I know medical advice can't be given here but im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I don't want to go running to my gp for every little problem but if something did happen and i did nothing i couldn't forgive myself. I don't have my scan for another 3 weeks and I don't have another doctors appointment for a month...would I be mad to go and see my gp about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you're anxious about it, I would go and see your GP, or even the practice nurse just for them to pop the doppler on and reassure you. You become over anxious about everything when you're pregnant, but I doubt there is anything to worry about. Babs has probably moved to a more posterior postion (closer to your back) so you just feel a little squidgier!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Thanks crazycatlady, I've already caved and am in the docs waiting room, fingers crossed all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

All is well, the baby just moved up a lot higher so the shape of the womb and bump has changed, panic for nothing. so relieved though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Nice one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement