Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Management from Michael Smurfit School?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am currently in Final B.C.L and I'm in need of some advice as to what to do next year. I have been looking in to the Masters in Management from UCD Smurfit.

Is there anyone out there currently on the course (I'm sure there are), or anyone who has completed the course in the past few years who wishes to sell it to me? In particular anyone from a similar position to me, completing a Law degree..(to my detriment).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

I'm currently only in year one of the part time course, and its hard going, some workload. If you search this and the distance learning threads you will find info. On my phone at the min so can't check.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 welwyn

Hi TomBer
    what did you decide to do about the masters?
    I am thinking of doing it too as a first step towards a career change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TomBer

No decisions as of yet, now currently thinking about a year out, but unsure as I know it could be a path of destruction. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 woohooo

Hi, did you decide to so this in the end?

I'm in a similar position myself this year, in final year BCL with no desire to pursue a career in law!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭number13

not too sure where to post this but here goes.
    I have alaw degree from an IT finished bout a year ago. idont want to go the solicitor route as couldn t afford it kids house etc. I was loking to do the master in management part time in ucd as ia feel a law with business would take up me upa couple of steps to get a good job out of it. im currently on minumum wage job so hate it.Iwas just wondering what sort of jobs did people get out of this masters ?Please help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

number13 wrote: »
    not too sure where to post this but here goes.
    I have alaw degree from an IT finished bout a year ago. idont want to go the solicitor route as couldn t afford it kids house etc. I was loking to do the master in management part time in ucd as ia feel a law with business would take up me upa couple of steps to get a good job out of it. im currently on minumum wage job so hate it.Iwas just wondering what sort of jobs did people get out of this masters ?Please help

The UCD Rep will be able to give you a better indication of what jobs people get out of it, all I can tell you is that the part time course has people from all industries including Engineering, Sales, Management, banking, I.T. and lots more.

I'd imagine law and management would be sought after but experience is worthwhile also.

Advertisement