Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for jobs

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Something that pisses me off when it comes to applying for jobs is when the company dont replay to you! Or whats worse when they do replay and say they'll set up an interview and they they dont!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

That is common practice. Employers are not legally obliged to respond to your application to say your not suitable. Some do out of common decency.

Have you had bad experience with employers regarding being told they will contact you about an interview and received nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

lala88 wrote: »
    Something that pisses me off when it comes to applying for jobs is when the company dont replay to you! Or whats worse when they do replay and say they'll set up an interview and they they dont!

If your job apllications have the same attention to detail as your posts I'm not surprised you're not getting replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

I agree with the previous poster.

Grammar is important its reply not replay

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - while grammar & spelling are important, calling it out like this is not cool.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

beware of Recruitment Agencies. Most post fake jobs just so u send in a CV. They say they will set up an interview and then never contact you again unless they want an updated C.V. about 5 years later after the agent has changed agency.

i tend to stay clear of Recruitment Agencies now and so far i've had more success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I'm going to try something novel here, and say something on topic;

I was talking to the HR manager in my old job about this issue. He claimed that to reply to every application with a no thank you email, would have taken two staff members working full time.

I would not justify paying for that if I was the department manager.

surely even in small companies this might be 20 minutes a day for someone, and that is a non value adding activity for a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its quiet common op. Happens to me a lot the past few years. Especially those that reply offering a interview and then don't set up the interview its so annoying. Just move on apply for other jobs.

Its all part of the job hunt experience. You have to face the worst part before you can appreciate the good part which is getting an interview, doing well in an interview, getting the job and fingers crossed the job you like and get on well with, enjoy or feel like its the right job for you at least or its a job that can take you places up the ladder which would help move your career along.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Posts deleted, please move on from the grammar/typo chat.

Advertisement