Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game disc stuck in tray

Options
  • 23-11-2011 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I had another thread asking this question, but it was closed by a moderator before my issue was resolved; my Launch PS3 is broken, when I press the power button the green light turns on for about two seconds, before I hear a whining sound and the machine switches off. I have a game disc stuck in the drive, but even if I press the eject button first, the PS3 doesn't stay on for long enough to eject the disc. This is not a YLOD issue, the solution recommended in my other thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056458994) does not work. I think I will have to take it apart to get at the disc tray, I'm buying a new one anyway, it's practically as cheap as a refurbishment now, so this isn't much of an issue, I'm just not sure how to get at the disc drive, does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Edit: Sorry for the two threads, btw, my internet is a bit messed up and posted it twice and I can't delete the other one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Damien360

Happened to me a few weeks ago. This is courtesy of Basq on my thread.

1. First shut down the system by flipping the power switch in the back off.
    2. Hold down the eject disc button.
    3. While still holding down the eject button, flip the power switch to turn back on your PS3.
    4. When the green light comes on, wait a few seconds then tap the eject button a couple times. The fan will run on full power and the disc will eject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crochur

That's what it said to do in that other thread, it doesn't work for me, my machine just powers off after about two seconds and nothing comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pronter

If the resolution doesnt work that the guys have given then i suggest you use this vid as guidance to removing the disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0q9R37AmY

Hope this finally resolves your problem :)

Advertisement