Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming comedy at Whelans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Steve Hughes and Glen Wool perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Steve Hughes and Glen Wool perhaps?

Was wondering about that. If it is those guys that will be an epic show! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭whelanslive

Aargh. Fast typing and rushing out the door. Yeah it's Glenn Wool & Steve Hughes and it's gonna be awesome. Fixed now. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

* Reggie Watts

* Reggie Watts

Well this is getting embarrassing. Never post imortant information in a hurry folks. That's the moral of the story here. But just to be clear, 65-year old New York Yankees & Baltimore Orioles baseball legend Reggie Jackson is NOT playing a stand-up comedy gig in Whelan's this coming January. One man-stream of conciousness factory & improv-master Reggie Watts is in fact playing Whelans though.

And in case anyone is confused I have fixed my original Reg Error and changed Jackson to Watts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Saw Reggie Watts (who was a performing as a warm-up act for Des Bishop) last year and thought he was hilarious. Out there and far surpassed Bishop on the night imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brian jackson

surpassing des bishop. what an acchievement

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

I went to see Reggie Watts when he played the Carlsberg Carnivale while sick with a flu, loaded up on lemsips and was aaaaaaawesome. Will be going to this, barring Sars or Montezuma's Revenge.

You should get Kevin McGahern to support, I could see him rocking it to Watts' crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Good to see whelans putting on comedy shows, might be a stupid question but will these be all seating?

Yo. It'll be a combination of seating & standing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

DOD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Steve Hughes was epic last night. Absolute master of his craft. Venue was great even though I was standing. I was about to murder a heckler until deciding he was mentally disturbed and should have taken to a hospital instead. Prick still ruined part of the gig for everyone.

Steve Hughes was epic last night. Absolute master of his craft. Venue was great even though I was standing. I was about to murder a heckler until deciding he was mentally disturbed and should have taken to a hospital instead. Prick still ruined part of the gig for everyone.

How did Colm Tyrrell do in support?

How did Colm Tyrrell do in support?
    Really enjoyed Colm Tyrrell,He may have got the impression it was a tough crowd, but they enjoyed him as far as i could see! I would say he was a success..very funny though becasue it was Steve Hughes playing to dublins metal community, so when Colm ran out first and started into the banter it looked like he got a fright!
    "hey what's your name"
    John
    "what do you do?"
    nothin

was a typical answer!!

Really enjoyed Colm Tyrrell,He may have got the impression it was a tough crowd, but they enjoyed him as far as i could see! I would say he was a success..very funny though becasue it was Steve Hughes playing to dublins metal community, so when Colm ran out first and started into the banter it looked like he got a fright!
    "hey what's your name"
    John
    "what do you do?"
    nothin

was a typical answer!!

Glad to hear that. He's got tonnes of promise - really going to go places I think.

That heckler needed to be taken out though, he was lucky he wasn't killed...everybody filed out past him at the end giving him the eye and shaking their heads disapprovingly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Not much of a criticism of Tyrell but I'd say he's more of a performer than a writer. A live wire though, no doubt.

Not much of a criticism of Tyrell but I'd say he's more of a performer than a writer. A live wire though, no doubt.
    I did recall and laugh today about the george forman grill!

I did recall and laugh today about the george forman grill!

Ah Jaysus - now you have that image in my head. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I didn't think that much of Colin Tyrrell to be honest, he had a few chuckles but I don't know that he's a good stand-up. He came across as very amateur-ish at the beginning of the set in particular.

Steve Hughes was great, as usual. That heckler though, what a knob. He nearly got into a row during Steve Hughes' set after sitting in some guy's seat while the guy was at the bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement